Open Call for Air Quality Solutions
We want to bring forward sustainable solutions for improved air quality
SIF Air is an action-oriented event organized by SDSN Northern Europe that promotes sustainable air quality solutions from all the Nordic countries. Now we encourage you to nominate solutions from your country!
Air pollution needs solutions!
A solution can look different. It can be a start-up, a tool, a project or some other sort of business. We are looking for transformative, holistic and scalable Nordic solutions that contribute to the reduction of air pollution emissions. Air pollution is a major threat for the implementation of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Globally, it causes 7 million deaths every year and has severe health implications for many more people. As such it has huge impact on SDG 3. However, good air quality is a prerequisite to achieve several other goals, for example SDG 7, 9, 11, 13, 14 and 15.
For our upcoming Solutions Initiative Forum, we want to put the spotlight on solutions for improved air quality. Do you know of any?
- Get an exclusive expert assessment of how your solution contributes to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Increase your network with various stakeholders working with similar challenges.
- Share insights and experiences with others.
- Identify the next steps to develop and/or scale up your solution.
- Learn about other new innovations for improved air quality.
- Be highlightened on our website, in our social media and in our Air Solutions Report.
Which are the selection criteria for solutions?
Solutions will be selected based on six eligibility criteria. The solutions should:
- Be linked to the challenge of reducing air pollution emissions.
- All together highlight a broad range of examples of innovative solutions from Northern Europe. The aim is not to be comprehensive but rather to reflect the broad range of solutions that are available.
- Be readily available and have overcome initial barriers.
- Be transformative: the solutions should have the potential to move the society towards sustainability.
- Be holistic: the solutions should take all the SDGs into consideration in a SDG Impact Assessment.
- Be scalable: the solutions and the company must have the potential to perform well after expanding in scope, size and/or geographically.
Fill out this form before 8 March 2019, and we will get in touch if the solution matches our criteria, latest 31 March. Take the chance to connect with a solutions network, in the Nordics and globally!
Curious but want to learn more? Take a look at our last Solution Initiative Forums about Integration and Oceans.
If you have any questions, send an email to the SDSN Northern Europe secretariat.
SIF Air is organized by the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) in Northern Europe and the Gothenburg Air and Climate Network, as a side-event of the European Aerosol Conference – EAC 2019.