3CDE creates the first “global classroom” in climate change problem-solving.
• Shared global and local ownership, in a global network of recognized academic institutions covering Africa, Asia, North America, Latin America, and Europe.
• Managed by the EfD, an organization with unique social capital and extraordinarily strong ties throughout the world.
• 3CDE graduates will be strong at collaborating locally and globally with professionals in government, industry, academia, and non-profit sectors, equipped to become trainers-of-trainers and future change-makers in climate change and sustainable development.
• Innovative “blended learning” applies digital and in-person interfaces. Students will learn partly through content delivered via digital and online media, and partly through direct contact with local professors, teaching assistants, and fellow classmates. Some sites will also make use of in-person exchanges between sites.
• Takes advantage of synergies between the three programs. PhD students will play central roles as local instructors in the other two programs. Decision-makers trained by the on-the-job training program will open doors for internships and recent graduates from the MSc. Program.