Hello, this is the Sustainable Development Solutions Network Northern Europe!
The backup of this post in your browser is different from the version below. Restore the backup.
The SDSN Northern Europe Secretariat is hosted by the Centre for Environment and Sustainability at Chalmers University of Technology and the University of Gothenburg.
Launched in 2016, the Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) Northern Europe gathers the regions’ academic institutions to promote scaling-up of science based solutions to accelerate the implementation of the UN Agenda 2030. We do this in cooperation with business, policymakers and civil society and by being an active network to identify, describe, visualize and scale-up sustainable solutions nationally, regionally and globally. The network is currently financed by Chalmers University of Technology and the University of Gothenburg.
Nordic Countries ready for the Sustainable Development Goals
A recent stress test conducted by SDSN and Bertelsmann Stiftung, SDGs: Are the Rich Countries Ready?, reveals the readiness and capacity of OECD countries to meet the targets of the SDGs. The stress test shows that Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland can be considered ready for the SDGs and in a good position to foster further improvements in terms of sustainable development. Science, business and government in the Northern European region are already leaders in terms of promoting a sustainable model, yet more can be done. This readiness and the fact that the Northern European region already has the necessary institutions and monitoring mechanisms for the SDGs is an excellent foundation for the SDSN Northern Europe to promote long-term solutions and transformation to a sustainable development.Read more on country profiles
- We need to speed up implementation of sustainable solutions says Anna Nordén Project Manager at SDSN-NE… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/819108598957666304
- To reach SDG 14 we need to battle poverty and build sustainable, innovative and concrete partnerships says… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/819098766502412289
- Vice-chancellor of @goteborgsuni about #women the #SDGs and the #SDSNNE https://twitter.com/RebeckaReb/status/707471801199271936
- @FemiOke thanks to you for your excellent work during the launch of #SDSNNE! And welcome back to #Gothenburg :)
- Thanks to all speakers, participants and everyone who made the #SDSNNE launch events a great success!!
Insights and Issues
Application open: become campus coordinator for SDSN Youth in Northern EuropeRead more
Information on the Sustainable Development Goals ProcessRead more
In September of this year, 2015, the world will agree upon a new global development framework. The Sustainable Development…
Innovative Public Private Partnerships and Sustainable DevelopmentRead more
Innovative public-private partnerships (iPPPs) have in recent years emerged to respond to critical development challenges in the economic, social…