A Nordic region that brings knowledge to action for the Sustainable Development Goals.
SDSN Northern Europe researches, localises, teaches, and promotes the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and supports their implementation by facilitating the utilisation of knowledge. Together with business, policymakers, and civil society, we act as change agents at the local, regional, and global levels to support the implementation of the SDGs.
To convert the network’s mission into action, the following strategic priorities have been identified to support the implementation of the SDGs:
- Identification and promotion of actions and methods that contribute to sustainable development
- Support of activities to identify and fill knowledge gaps relating to sustainable development
- Support of the identification of sustainable policy options, at regional, national, and sub-national levels
- Facilitation and support of the development of knowledge-based pathways to reach the SDGs at regional, national, and sub-national levels
- Stimulation of high-quality education for sustainable development
- Alignment of member operations to the SDGs